Come join our Carpet Bowling teams. Dogwood carpet Bowling is a fun, indoor, low impact social activity which is also a great way to meet people and keep moving.
See the invite from the Activity Group Leader Clarence Cheung.
Listed below are the information of Dogwood Seniors’ Carpet Bowling.
1) Fall season activity time: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on every Tuesday and Thursday, except holidays.
2) Annual Dogwood society membership fee is $10.00 . Can join all kinds of other activities.
Some activities require group activity fee. It is varied by individual group.
3) Carpet Bowling is FREE of individual group activity fee.
4) If you find the activity is not for you your membership fee may be refunded.
5) Our experienced players will happy to teach you.
6) Easy to learn and easy to know how to play. On the 3rd time, you should know the basic skill very well.
7) There are four carpets sufficient for 32 players to play, each carpet can be arranged to play with 2 – 8 players.
8) Two teams of player can be arranged in 1-4 players per team on each carpet depends on how many players.
9) There are 8 balls for each team, distinguished by Black and Yellow.
10) There is a small White ball called Jack. To start the game, the White ball will be thrown onto the carpet then the Black and Yellow bowls which to be thrown nearest the White ball is the winner.
Maximum winning bowls can be 8 depends on the numbers of the same color bowl nearest the White ball.
11) There are 8 games per round. Usually 2 rounds can be played. 10-15 mins break time after the 1st round.
12) You may have the chance to join the tournaments with difference clubs in various districts in the lower mainland, and also the BC seniors tournament too.
Come join for the Fun.
Thank you, and
Carpet Bowling President