Notice to members of the Dogwood Pavilion Seniors’ Society regarding the most recent Public Health Order effective Dec 23. Please review the information below. We have received the following directives from the City of Coquitlam:
All Fitness classes will be cancelled and weight rooms will be closed until January 19th
· Indoor organized social gatherings of any size will not be permitted (parties, birthdays, weddings etc)
· Non Fitness recreation programs / drop-ins for children, youth, adults are permitted to run as previously scheduled (art, crafts)
· Card groups will NO LONGER be able to move between tables and therefore will need to play for the duration of the session/game in one seat.
· Adult Dance classes are cancelled
· Gymnasium and sports programs for all ages are permitted to run (pickle-ball, floor hockey, table tennis, carpet bowling, snooker)
· Skating / swimming still permitted to run
· Café’s at the pavilions will remain open as previously scheduled but will have table limits of 6 and no moving between tables.
· Social and support based recreation programs and activity groups can continue as previously scheduled as they meet a social-emotional outcomes, but again, need to remain in their seats. (Friendship Circle, WHO group, Support programs, South Asian Group).
As for vaccination checks – we will be required to get proof of vaccination for anyone attending an activity / program in the building. Proof not required to eat in the café or access other services in the building. This should be implemented very soon if not right away (just working out some logistics). At this point, we feel its best to filter everyone through the front door and do our checks with stamps there.
We want you and your groups to be prepared. Not all the information is available to us yet, and as you are all aware – things are changing daily.
In regards to capacity, all adult indoor recreation programs will be limited to 50% of capacity/occupancy of the space. City Recreation supervisors will be working with staff at both Pavilions to confirm what those numbers are for each of the rooms and will let us know if any adjustments need to be made.
Many of the current programs and activities are not exceeding 50% capacity in the space they have been allotted but some changes may be announced in the coming week or so.
• All participants programs and activity groups will require a vaccination check.
o Given that we have a limited number of scanners at this point, we will direct everybody attending a program to the front desk where they will check vaccine passports.
§ For now, once they are verified, we will stamp their hand to show the activity group leaders.
§ Group Leaders please check participants for stamps and direct them to the front desk if they do not have one.
§ Once fitness starts up again, those programs will be verified using wristbands and/or cards similar to the current process.
o Program/Activity Leaders will need to check for a stamp at the start of the session.
• Those casually using the facility (ie: library, puzzle corner, washroom) will not need to be checked.
• Scanning of QR code must occur starting December 31, 2021.
• All volunteers assisting inside of recreation centres, including Activity Leaders and the kitchens, will need to be vaccinated. Due to the number of scanners available, they will be checked by the front desk prior to the start of their shift.
• Vaccine check is not required.
• Masks must be worn, and can be removed if seated and consuming food/drink.
• Maximum of 6 per table, and no moving from seat to seat or table to table.
General Program Requirements
• Masks to be worn at all times, with exemption of sport programs/activities.
• Card groups will not be able to move between tables or change seats.
• Social and support based recreation programs and activity groups can continue as previously scheduled as they meet a social-emotional outcomes, but again, need to remain in their seats.
We will advise as further updates are made available.
Dogwood Pavilion Seniors’ Society